Library Management System (LMS)
The system is easily customizable to specific corporate needs and functions as the round-the-clock library portal to simplify information classification, acquisition and issuing of physical and electronic material, providing a dedicated environment for:
- Create information catalogues
- Manage user groups and users
- Manage loans and user requests
- Create and manage serial subscriptions
- Manage library acquisitions, incl. subscriptions, receipts and invoices
- Import catalogue records from external data sources
- Search through catalogues
- View catalogue record details
- Request catalogues
- Export catalogues
- Rate and comment catalogues
- Create and manage own catalogue collections
- Manage access permissions
- Manage OPACs (Open Public Access Catalogue)
- Localize specific interface captions
- Configure system authentication
- Configure system servers and settings
- Configure system infrastructure and catalogue structures
- Set up system notifications
The cooperation between EffectiveSoft Ltd. and Soutron Ltd. started in 2007. Soutron addressed EffectiveSoft with the request to carry out a research of how to improve the performance of the existing Soutron LMS. At that time it was the version 1.0.
After a thorough research, EffectiveSoft submitted a complete solution, which allowed increasing search performance by 15 times, navigation performance by 5 times, and data retrieval by 10 times. The customer was very pleased with such results and suggested EffectiveSoft to take part in the development of the next version of Soutron LMS.
At the present time, the EffectiveSoft team is working on the Soutron LMS, version 3.3. The product requirements cover the development of a new functionality and improvement of essential workflows, enhanced product integration with client systems, feature-rich UI.
- Development of a module for information import and synchronization with external data sources, such as Google, Library of Congress, COPAC, Gardners and any other system that stores information in MARC and XML formats.
- Support of OPAC, which is a public sub-system of the Soutron LMS. It is accessible round-the-clock from any client desktop via Internet or the client Intranet.
- System customization: content and record types, catalogue fields, catalogue visual representation, catalogue sub-fields.
- Export of catalogue information to PDF, DOC, XLS, XML or CSV files.
- Multi-lingual and poly-hierarchical thesaurus management tool.
- Creation of RSS feeds based on user’s catalogue search conditions.
- Support of RFID (Radio-frequency ID) technology based on 3M SIP protocol for library materials.
- Support of a variety of user authentication types: Forms, SAML, Windows (Active Directory, Remote Active Directory), Query String, IP address, 3rd party Membership Systems.
- Integration with an existing information management system using Soutron API.
- Sorting of search results by relevance rank.
A project manager, a software development team, a database architect
GUI specification, system architecture description, functional specification, test cases.
.NET Framework 4.5, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, DotNetNuke, AJAX, Reporting Services, MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, RSS, DevExpress, jQuery, MVC