Virtual Servers System
Virtual Servers Ordering and Management System is an application which provides a user-friendly interface and a complete back-office for the companies which use virtualization technologies in their business. It can be used in numerous ways: for thin-client workplace management in big companies, for complete automation of business for virtual server hosters, and so on.
The customer addressed EffectiveSoft with the request to develop the system from scratch.
The main features requested for the future product were:
- Full automation of the virtual servers creation and configuration processes provided by deep integration with virtualization APIs.
- Integration with additional tools for server status monitoring, corporate hardware firewall's API, etc.
- A wide variety of settings for system administrators like the ability to create virtual server templates, configuring the IP pools for assigning IP addresses to the servers, etc.
- System capabilities for localization to a number of languages.
- Payments automation by integration of different payment systems.
Contact us to get more detailed description of this system
Management Server a web-application which is used to sell the second application Instance Server. The latter one which actually provides all the functionality. Management Server provides an ability to order the Instance Server and configure its options which becomes the part of the license key file.
Instance Server is a web application with user-friendly installer. It requires Microsoft SQL Server 2008, .NET 3.5 SP1, and IIS 6.0 or higher to be installed. Instance Server works with the following two business models:
- Private Cloud model, which is used by companies to purchase Instance Server for virtual server management inside their companies.
- Public Cloud model, which is used by customers who use Instance Server for selling virtual servers and resource pools to the end-users.
Instance Server utilizes a multi-level user system. The top-user level (Service Provider) can configure the overall settings of the application:
- Virtual servers to use (application works with VMware ESX 3.*, VMware vSphere 4.0, Citrix XEN Server 5x and higher, Microsoft Hyper-V; application is also vCloud-ready).
- Virtual machine templates to use: Instance Server VM templates reside on the top of virtualization system templates allowing specifying available CPU number, RAM amounts and HDD capacities, as well as defining the pricing for the template in Public Cloud model.
- Data Store groups to use: Instance Server allows defining different Data Store groups and binding the templates to specific groups so that the customer is sure that data stores of virtualization servers are used efficiently.
- IP Pools to use: each Instance Server VM template is bound to the IP Pool so that the IP address will be assigned to the virtual machine ordered immediately.
- And many more (including payment system selection and configuration, e-mailing, application and invoice white-labeling, system currency, etc)
Contact our marketing department for more information on this project
Benefits for the customer
It took us 2 months for the both sides, the customer and EffectiveSoft, to create a detailed specification covering all necessary requirements. Once it was ready, the system architect and DB designer jointly created the functional framework of the system and overall design model.
As a result:
- The system was successfully developed and delivered to the customer.
- The customer was very satisfied with the results of the system launch, which in turn attracted a considerable amount of investor's offers. Now, it is planned to work on the next version of the system.
NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET, Silverlight, LINQ to SQL, MS SQL Server 2008, AJAX, jQuery, WCF, ActiveX, browser add-ins