SMS Transportation Management App
One of the SMS solutions, realized by EffectiveSoft, is a suite of applications, where tracking and notification functional of SMS technology is applied effectively in a complex, flexible SMS notification system for monitoring of transportation and logistics.
Contact our sales department to get a quote
The system is designed for the management of the company data in the Transportation and Logistics sector.
The SMS application empowers the company staff to complete the following tasks:
- Manage the company information, personnel, and physical assets, including vehicles, depots, employees, drivers, etc.
- Obtain the information about the driver's activity.
- Track and analyze the driver's activity with all possible infringements involved.
- Collect statistics about the vehicles and driver's activity thus enabling the company staff to better allocate resources.
The SMS application solution offers the following functionality:
- Manage the data about the driver's activity.
- Exchange (send/receive) the data.
- View the driver's activity data.
- Use SMS notification.
- Manage notification groups and other details, e.g. specify which group and how to notify.
Project History & Achievements
The cooperation between our company and the customer started when the customer requested the development of the system that would help the personnel within the transportation company to store, manage, and analyze all necessary information and activities. Reporting of found infringements was a key point of the development.
To meet those requirements, the EffectiveSoft team developed web and desktop applications with a role-based access level, which support the following:
- Management of company information and its infrastructure (depots, vehicles, drivers and their assignments).
- Management of the company employees, as well as their trainings and activities.
- Monitoring and analysis of information from the drivers' tacho disks.
- Exchanging drivers' activity information.
- Analysis of the drivers' activity for compliance with EU/AETR driving regulations.
- Flexible notification subsystem with the ability to send messages via SMS.
- Tracking of drivers' infringements (created manually or based on already analyzed drivers' activity) with sending of corresponding SMS notifications to the drivers.
- Reporting subsystem with the ability to create custom reports.
The first version of the system was successfully delivered to the customer, whereas the EffectiveSoft dedicated team is, at present time, providing technical support.
Software development team
Lines of code
Approx. 54 000
Technologies & Tools
.NET Framework 3.5, WinForms, ASP.NET, DevExpress, WIA, MS SQL Server 2005, MS SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
Transportation & Logistics