Access Control Enterprise
Access Control Enterprise is a suite of client solutions for recording and monitoring personnel's and visitor's movements to and from a given physical facility, including:
- Hardware Manager is used to install and configure diverse hardware, such as controllers, doors with door panels and door readers, etc.
- Data Manager is used to manage electronic entry cards and card holders, assign card holders to certain user groups depending on the access area and time.
- Recording of card holder's locations as at what time and at which door the user was granted or denied access.
- Regular data synchronization between controllers and central database to prevent data loss in case of system failures.
- Security Manager is used to define access security policies, which are made of configuration combinations of user groups, access zones and time zones.
- Management of Access Control Enterprise users (receptionists, HR managers, departmental secretaries, security experts, etc.) and their interaction with the system (login, records addition, editing, deletion).
- Monitoring Tool is used to monitor the access control system in real time, to timely respond to incidents at doors.
- Support of detailed reports about doors and users.
The customer is a leading manufacturer and distributor of access control system packages both for commercial and domestic properties. In 2009, the customer requested EffectiveSoft to develop a network Access Control Management System to manage staff and guest admittance to specific areas in a given physical facility. The project was a real success for both sides, which entailed further fruitful collaboration in three new projects. One of them is Access Control Enterprise project.
Contact our managers to get more information about this project
All the applications, Monitoring Tool, Data Manager, and Security Manager were developed from scratch as C# solutions. For Hardware Manager, our team created only mock-ups that were used to develop a complete solution on the customer's side. The entire project included also specifications development and simultaneous testing of the applications.
The following technologies were used:
- WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) and Expression Blend 4 to develop application user interface.
- WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) to provide secure and reliable data exchange between client applications and the server.
- DirectShow to allow working with videos that are transmitted from the door cameras
NET 4.0, WCF, WPF, DirectShow, Expression Blend 4, MS SQL