Money Transfer Management System
Money Transfer Management System is a web-based solution that offers remittance payment services throughout the UK and many West African countries.
The customer is a small but growing money transfer company that offers the most competitive and reliable remittance payment services to the general public around the world. The system developed by another software development service provider was characterized by a poor architecture logic and lack of using object-oriented programming (OOP). With the expansion of the system functionality, it sooner became hard to implement any modifications. Thus, the customer could not provide a good service continuously.
To help the customer streamline their remittance services and improve the customer service, out team accomplished the following tasks by delivering a highly scalable, maintainable and secure system in the end:
What we did
- Code refactoring with the usage of OOP paradigms for the ease of code support.
- Integration with the SMS messaging application (provided by yakoon) by using the SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) technology.
- Introduction of the Compliance officer and Institution access levels.
- Modification of the logic of commission rates calculation, which resulted in more flexible financial policies towards business partners and clients.
- Attachment of necessary files to a system client by using AJAX.
- A number of other minor enhancements, including finalization of accounts payable and accounts receivable reports; support of multiple remittance types; assignment of unique identifying reference numbers for all branch users, and many more.
The system supports the following access levels:
- Administrator has full access to the system capabilities, such as order statistics; client database; institution, exchange rates and service charges management.
- Institution combines a number of branches.
- Branch is a division of an institution with sending and remitting agents.
- Sending agent is a member of a specific branch responsible for the creation of remittance orders.
- Remitting agent is a member of a specific branch responsible for paying out the delivered remittance.
- Compliance officer is responsible for handling orders that are not processed for some security or other reasons.
- Client is a sender of the remittance; such a person can view the history of payments made and beneficiary data.
- Beneficiary is a receiver of the remittance; such a person has no access to the system.
Contact our managers to get more information about this project
Total project development time
Smarty (a web template system), ZendFramework, PHP Extension and Application Repository (PEAR), AJAX, SOAP, MySQL Server