QA Case Studies
For more than one year already, we have been actively staffing the hi-tech QA Lab for our customer FlatBurger. It was important for the customer to have a continuous QA of the application modules, in particular, which are applying for the certification.
EffectiveSoft assigned a dedicated QA team to the FlatBurger project. The team consists of 25 full-time members. Due to a well-planned and systematic QA process, we managed to resolve critical issues in the application and fix minor defects. The team has developed a specific version of a powerful framework for automated testing of DotNetNuke Modules. The framework is based upon Borland products, such SilkTest, Silk Performer, and some other products.
QA processes executed
The following is a full-cycle QA service, we provide for the FlatBurger project:
- Specification review, identification of inconsistencies between the application functionality and documented requirements
- Test plan development and evaluation of test tools to be applied
- Manual test case creation and functional quality testing
- Automated functional testing based upon Borland SilkTest
- Automated performance testing based uponBorland SilkPerformer
- Security analysis with the application of different automated security tools
Interaction between QA Lab and FlatBurger
The customer has a number of development centers across USA. The management of the dedicated QA team is performed onsite, in the New-York head office of the customer. This doesn't prevent the customer to successfully coordinate the tasks and manage business processes in house and in land. The team regularly submits defects and task reports to the customer, which enables the both sides to productively follow the application quality status and discuss plans for the next QA stages.