Trading App for Android and BlackBerry
The customer, a global leader in Spread Betting, Contracts for Difference (CFDs) and margined Foreign Exchange (FX), turned to EffectiveSoft with the request to develop Android and BlackBerry applications with the same functionality as the Trading App for iPhone and iPod touch.
The portfolio project Trading App for Android and BlackBerry is a result of porting of iOS based application to these platforms. A recent introduction of the Trading App for iPhone and iPod touch, which was a great success, prompted the customer to move one more step forward and offer an Android-based and Blackberry applications.
It was necessary to port the functionality of the iPhone application on the respective operating systems without any discrepancies. Impressed by our experience in the development of a variety of mobile applications, the customer delegated the project tasks to our mobile team.
The development run in parallel with testing, which allowed us to deliver robust solutions in the end according to time and budget commitments.
The application enables the clients to monitor and perform all the necessary actions on the personal account, such as:
- Viewing personal account data
- Checking the latest prices and market movements, selecting the market to trade, viewing market trends and indicators
- Using a trade ticket to sell and buy opening and closing positions, monitoring positions via positions chart
- Using orders to open, close, or amend a trade at prices dictated by the client. Benefits for customers of Trading App for Android and BlackBerry
- Full and secure access to the account of the customer's online trading platform
- Helps to stay up-to-date with the very latest price movements on multiple commodity markets
- It gives an option to act on markets wherever the client is and at any time
|Project||Android Project Resume||BlackBerry Project Resume|
|Business model||Fixed price||Fixed price|
|Project workload||About 1700 man-hours||About 2000 man-hours|
|Project team||A project manager, 1 QA specialist, 2 Android developers (Java), 1 designer||A project manager, 1 QA specialist, 2 developers|
|Documentation||Functional specifications, Architecture Overview, Project plan, Test cases, Test plan||Functional specifications, Architecture Overview, Project plan, Test cases, Test plan|
|Lines of code||About 10300||About 20000|
|Technologies & Tools||Android SDK
Subversion, Test Track Pro
|Blackberry 6.0, Blackberry 6.0 JDK|