Portfolio Project - Library Management System (LMS)
The Library Management System (LMS) is a web-based automation system.
It is designed for accessing, sharing and managing information assets across multiple offices or country boundaries. The multi-lingual design and features allow local catalogues to reflect local needs whilst conforming to the needs of a corporate standard.
The system allows the staff to:
- Perform an advanced search in the library catalogue
- Manage the library catalogue content and physical copies
- Access and manage the thesaurus
- Store information about the borrowers, track the borrower's activity in the past and make records about the current activity
- Administrate a user access
Technical characteristics of the LMS:
- Customizable to meet specific client's needs.
- The usage of Microsoft .NET and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database technologies.
- The catalogue information is exported to the files of PDF, DOC, XLS, XML or CSV formats
- Support of the Open Public Access Catalogue (OPAC), which is a public sub-system of the SoutronGLOBAL LMS. It is accessible round-the-clock from any client desktop via Internet or the client Intranet.
- Multi-lingual and poly-hierarchical thesaurus management tool. Control over words and phrases.
- System customization in terms of catalogue fields and templates management (creating, editing, deleting)
- New advanced search logic
- New AJAX powered user interface
- New integrated multi-lingual poly-hierarchical thesaurus
- New export formats (PDF, XML, CSV)
- Improved navigation in many system areas, including loans and borrowers facilities
- Improved User Defined Fields selection
- Better local views
- More informative system messages (notifications and warnings)
|Total project development time:||14,5 man-years|
|Technologies and Tools||NET Framework 2.0, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, AJAX, Reporting
Services, MS SQL Server, DevExpress